Training & professional knowledge transfer
The researchers and the technical staff at BC CAHS acknowledge the importance of the dissemination of knowledge. At BC CAHS this is done by:
- Providing professional/technical advice to private industry and public sector;
- Developing and conducting training programs in aquatic health management;
- Assisting stakeholders in the development and preparation of research proposals and identification of funding opportunities;
- Training of high qualified personnel. BC CAHS has consistently provided summer job opportunities for local students, who have access to cutting edge technology and high quality supervision;
- Collaborating with academic institutions to provide coop experiences to 3rd and 4th year undergraduate science students and specialized training for veterinary students interested in aquatic animal health;
- Participating in community events that are focused on informing the public about issues affecting the marine environment (e.g. information open houses, Oceans Day, Science World).