Why live and work in Campbell River?
Campbell River is the hidden gem on Vancouver Island. It’s a community with low crime, low unemployment and a place where the rich and famous come to play in summer and winter. (And no one bugs them.) Campbell River is also the Salmon Capital of the World. We are the third largest city on the island, with a population of more than 37,500, and the urban service centre and hub community for approximately 60,000 people living and working in our region.
A few details:
- Median house price $379,000 (3br 2b); condo (2br, 2b) $234,000
- Low cost of living
- New hospital with full capacity of Vancouver General or Victoria General
- Great schools with low class size
- No traffic, no problem parking, average commute time is under 20 min
- Chain stores are here
- Great restaurants
- Thriving Arts scene.
- The sea meets the sky in Campbell River – ski, snowshoe, hike, camp, swim, fish, boat, hunt
- Mt. Washington – 40 min; Strathcona hiking and camping – 35 min
- Full sports facilities: hockey, soccer, baseball, lacrosse, climb, dance
- Boating of all types: freshwater, seawater, sail, kayak, canoe
- Fabulous fishing nearby in many lakes, rivers and the ocean.
For more information, visit http://www.campbellriver.ca