BC CAHS implements reduced schedule and staffing
To our clients and community,
Respectfully, we wanted to reach out to you with our corporate message below, from all of us at the BC Centre for Aquatic Health Sciences Society (BC CAHS).
We all have to do our part to keep ourselves, our families, our communities and our most vulnerable, safe and healthy. During this time, we remain committed to serving our clients.
In our effort to help slow the transmission of COVID-19 in our community, effective immediately, we are running on a reduced schedule and staffing in our lab. Please note that we are still operating and will continue to do so. We will still be available via phone and/or email during our reduced business hours – 8:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday.
Measures BC CAHS has taken so far to prevent and slow the transmission of the virus include:
- Moving from in-person services to alternative forms of communication and support, effective March 17th.
- Teleconference or video conference meetings only.
- Single point for sample submission or courier deliveries without personal contact.
- Zero visitors allowed into the BC CAHS laboratory.
- Enabling employees, in consultation with their supervisors, to work remotely if they are able to.
- Enabling employees that are working in the lab to practice social distancing by revising work schedules and work plans.
- Enhancing the cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch objects and surfaces.
- Advising employees who feel ill with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 to stay home, minimize contact with others and phone HealthLinkBC (8-1-1) or their family doctor. People can check symptoms online at https://covid19.thrive.health/
We are implementing these measures for the health and safety of our employees, clients and community. It is with that responsibility in mind that we made this decision.
We appreciate your cooperation, understanding and support during this ever-changing situation. By working together, we can maintain the health and safety of our employees, clients and our community.
Our entire team at BC Centre for Aquatic Health Sciences Society thanks you.
Take care and stay healthy!!