BC CAHS Oceans Day Design Contest – the fine print
June 8, 2013 is the Campbell River Oceans Day Festival. The BC Centre for Aquatic Health Sciences Society (BC CAHS) is launching a graphic design contest in celebration of this day. BC CAHS would like to use the winning design as the design on t-shirts that will be worn by BC CAHS staff on Oceans Day.
Draw, paint or sketch–you decide! Draw inspiration from Oceans Day to create a colourful design. You are invited to express what Oceans Day Campbell River means to you.
You must submit an original piece of your work: design/logo for t-shirt (herein after referred to as “entry”). Entries cannot be a tracing or a copy of a published photograph, artwork, magazine, book illustration or other material protected by copyright law.
Entries will be judged based on the following evaluation criteria:
- Originality and creativity of visual presentation;
- Interpretation of theme; and
- Artistic merit and design.
The selection of the winning entries will take place during the month of May 2013. Finalist will be notified via the contact phone number provided with entry.
The winning entry will get fame, fortune ($25) and a really cool t-shirt.
By submitting an entry, you agree to the rules of the Oceans Day Campbell River Design Contest and the following lists of requirements.
Your artwork will be exhibited via the BC CAHS Facebook page.
You must be the sole artist.
Your artwork should:
- be two-dimensional
- be no smaller than 8.5 x 11 inches.
- be no larger than 11 x 16 inches.
- be in colour.
- be an original illustration in any of the following media: paint (oil/acrylic/watercolour/tempera/ gouache), pastels, inks, coloured pencils, markers and crayons, etc. Please note, that computer-generated drawings are acceptable.
Your artwork should not:
- be three-dimensional. Items such as sparkles, beads, and feathers, cannot be included in the design.
- contain clip art or photographs as part of the design.
- display any third party trademarks, brands and/or logos or any materials that are not copyright-cleared. Instead, use your artistic ability to create a design that is completely original. That way, you can be sure that your entry does not include trademarks that belong to someone else!
- be matted or framed.
Submission of Your Entry:
Entries will be accepted from March 1 to April 30, 2013. Please include on a separate piece of paper, your full name, email address and contact phone number.
You can submit your entry in any of the following ways:
- Original artworks can be dropped off at the BC Centre for Aquatic Health Sciences (871A Island Hwy, Campbell River, BC) by April 30, 2013.
- Original artworks can be mailed (postmarked by April 30, 2013) to:
BC Centre for Aquatic Health Sciences
PO Box 277
Campbell River, BC
- Digital designs can be emailed to email@example.com no later than April 30, 2013.